2017 New to District Registration
For new to district, kindergarten and pre-school students
In-Person Registration will be held at all Anchorage School District elementary schools. All students must register prior to the beginning of school; please reference the following schedule:
9:00am to 3:00pm Monday through Friday or by appointment.
Families who are out of town on these dates may register at school upon their return.
New students who have not registered prior to the first day of school will not be placed on a class list.
New-To-District Students (including Kindergarteners) are required to submit the following documents at Registration:
- Proof of Residency (utility bill, lease or real estate contract, etc.) will be verified for the following situations: new to school/new-to-district student (including kindergarten) throughout the school year.
- Birth Certificate (copy acceptable)
- Current immunization records
- Physical examination (for kindergarteners)
- Current physical and mailing address and phone numbers of students and parents
- Names and phone numbers of emergency contacts and individuals who may pick up the child from school
- Name and address of previous school attended
- Copies of current legal papers if there is a custody agreement
The first day of school: August 21, 2017 for Grades 1 – 6 and August 28, 2017 for Kindergarten